I wanted to give an opportunity to others in the family who might like to take any of these for keeps.
The last photo is of one I think I bought at a thrift store, pretty sure. Might display okay with one or both of the other mugs. So, it wasn't pictured with the others, manufactured in the US.
Text me if interested. I will be posting some more items that may be interesting for some of you!
| Side with visible damage. I cannot cipher the German, unsure of the characters to translate. |
Note on this piece - it actually suffered some near disaster. At some time, it had somehow fallen off a shelf, and broke into a sizable number of pieces. It was eventually pieced together quite well, such that one cannot even see any fault lines as it sits on a shelf under normal light. A small miracle, as it's a very nice piece, maybe my favorite in this group. By the way, look at what I found at the bottom of this container:
| I think this was a gift from Dennis to Mom and Dad. |
The phrase "trinkt wie eure vater aus steinden wein" is translated "drink the wine like your fathers made of stone." Maybe something missing in translation, so I'm not sure if there is punctuation omitted, as Google translate can only do so much ciphering.
I'm not sure, but I think this mug is representing a courting scene, where a young man is showing off a hunting kill to his ladyfriends. First photo above shows the backside of this mug.
The mug above is the one I think I bought, but is still kind of a nice companion piece to the others.###Overall, some wonderful pieces that I hope someone among you will want to claim. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I can keep more than one. Text, email, or call me!
Mike commenting here-in case more than one person wants a single piece from this, I’m sure we could work something out. Negotiate, perhaps?
ReplyDelete